[pstricks] Crop marks with PSTricks and pdftex.

Christophe Jorssen jorssen.leraincy at free.fr
Wed May 12 18:01:23 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, May 12, 2004 11:35 PM [GMT+1=CET],
John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote :

> I want to put crop marks on a pdftex project. I am prepared
> to output dvi and then convert to ps and pdf at the end of
> the process.

Are you sure that you actually use pdftex ? pdftex produces bu default a pdf
output directly *without* dvi output.

>> From a macro attached to e.g., the header or the footer
> routine, I need to access the exact corners of the page. It
> is a question of moving the current point to those exact
> spots in order and drawing some lines. Now what do I need
> to do to describe those locations to pstricks?

Try pst-abspos http://www.perce.de/LaTeX/pst-abspos (be careful, it seems
that it's a LaTeX package: you might have to change some of the code if you
want to use it with plain tex).

> I could modify the page building routines but since this is
> pdftex not plain tex I am afraid to mess too much.

I don't understand: pdftex and plain tex are quite the same regarding the
output routine.

Regards

Kristof