[pstricks] problem with dvips to use pdftricks

Franco Bagnoli franco.bagnoli at unifi.it
Fri Mar 12 15:15:05 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Henry Proudhon wrote:

> dvips -E -o manual-figxx.eps manual-figxx.dvi
>
> I obtain all the files by running my script but each pdf file has a wrong
> bounding box.

The -E option of dvips computes the bounding box based on the placement of
text, disregarding graphics. A simple way of "forcing" the right bounding
box is to place (rput) a white dot (or other textual element) at the
opposite corners of drawing. Then dvips works right.

for what concerns pdftrick, you can also use pstricks, compile the file
using

dvips -Ppdf -z -o file.ps

and then convert the resulting file to pdf with
ps2pdf. In this way you do not need to use write18

--
Franco Bagnoli (franchino) <franco.bagnoli at unifi.it> (bagnoli at dma.unifi.it)
virtual location: Dipartimento di Energetica "S. Stecco"