[pstricks] Problems with naput & other arc labels

Robert Welch robert.welch at comcast.net
Thu Jan 29 01:37:30 CET 2004

Folks:

I've skimmed over the FAQ & the pstricks mail archives and I haven't been
able to find anything about a problem I seem to be having.  When I draw
a matrix or a pspicture with pstricks and I try to label one or more arcs all
my arc lables wind up in the bottom, left hand corner of the image (they overwrite
each other when there's more than one).

Here's a simple example:

\begin{psmatrix}[rowsep=1,colsep=1]
    &    [name=SL] SL    &    &    &    & [name=SR] SR\\ [0cm]
    \everypsbox{\scriptstyle}
    \psset{linestyle=solid,nodesep=2mm,border=3pt}
    \ncLine{SL}{SR}$\naput{Hello}$
\end{psmatrix}

Here, the arc label 'Hello' that's supposed to appear on the line connecting SL to SR appears
instead in the bottom left-hand corner of the diagram.

Here's another example:

\newlength{\MyLength}
\settowidth{\MyLength}{$E_{01}$}
\newcommand{\MyNode}[2]{\circlenode{#1}{\makebox[\MyLength]{#2}}}
\begin{pspicture}(2,2)(10,10)
    \rput(2,6){\MyNode{A}{$E_{00}$}}
    \rput(6,8){\MyNode{B}{$E_{01}$}}
    \ncline[nodesep=5pt]{->}{A}{B}
    \naput{$\lambda_A$}
\end{pspicture}

Here, the arc label $\lambda_A$ that's supposed to appear on the line connecting E00 to E01 appears
instead in the bottom left-hand corner of the diagram.

I'm using the current version of MikTex and GNU Ghostscript 6.52 (2001-10-20).  The OS is Windows XP.
Is there any other info you need?

Thanks,

     ---Rob Welch