[pstricks] An interesting bug or feature :-)

???????? ?????? max239 at mail.ru
Tue Jan 20 19:02:13 CET 2004

Hello, All!

Well, a small script makes psticks files, and there is a such string in
test.pic (it's happened so):

\begin{pspicture}(0,0)(140.31,86.37)
\psset{fillstyle=none,framesep=0pt}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\psbezier(60.79,28.2)(60.79,28.2)(60.79,28.2)(60.79,28.2)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\end{pspicture}

So, there's a bezier from one point to the same one. When I run LaTeX on it,
it's OK, but after processing DVIPS, the resulting PostScript isn't read by
PostScript interpreter (GhostScript) and GhostView is displaying "Drawing
97%" and not responding.

OK, I understand that a bezier from point point to the same one (Starting
and Ending Control Points are equal too) --- such situation does not defined
in PostScript, am I right? But PStricks don't warn about it?

Well, it's just a situation, don't get closer to your heart :-)

P.S. Sorry for bad English, if I make mistakes.

Sincerely yours, Maksim