[pstricks] Re: bardiag

Roman Stepanyan rstepanyan at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 17:54:36 CET 2003

Dear Chris,

Thanks for using the BarDiag package and for the bug reports you have
submitted.

> One question: Is it possible to use some kind of textures instead of
> colors for the bars?  This would make the package much more usable for
> black and white documents.

In the present version of the package there is no "clean" way to do so, except
to  define a new "shape".

BarDiag reads bardiag.cfg at the end. So, I would suggest you to put smth like:

\newcommand\barTextureRect[5]
{
  \psframe[#5](#1,#2)(#3,#4)
}

into bardiag.cfg in the workin dir and then, somewhere in your "main" document
use
  \renewcommand{\ActiveBarPrimitive}{\barTextureRect}
Then, when you draw a diagram,

The <arg #5 from the above> can be anything you want, like
"fillstyle=vlines"  would produce a "vertical lines" texture.
For more texture options see documentation to PSTricks (somewhere in your TEXMF
tree: find pstricks/doc/obsolete/pst-user2.ps and see p.27 "Fill styles").

Hope it helps. Any questions are wellcome

Cheers,
Roman