[pstricks] problem with package bardiag

Roman Stepanyan rstepanyan at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 17:45:34 CET 2003

Dear Kris and Herbert,

Please, accept my appologies: I am really sorry for the late response!
For the last two months I had to do so many things that even didn't
have time to read my Yahoo! mail.

Indeed, in the barddoc.tex a depricated interface to the listings was used
(the reason was simple: I wrote it using teTeX 0.9 on my Debian Woody
PC with an old version of listings). Certainly, I have to fix it.

>doesn't work, because you define an option tickstyle which
>is still defined by pst-plot. You should always use in your
>package names like bd at tickstyle a.s.o.

Concerning the "tickstyle" issue  -- apparently, this is a good point.
And, of course, I'll try to incorporate it into the bardiag a.s.a.p.
Hopefully the 0.5 version (bugfixes) will be out around Christmas.

>you should write some information into the documentation
>that bardiag still loads all pstricks packages and that
>no additional \usepackage is necessary

On the page 1 in the docs I've written: "The bardiag depends on pst-all, ..."
This implies "it loads pst-all". Although removing all the unnecessary stuff is
a good idea, I hope that loading all of the pst's is not a very serious issue.

I'll be happy to here any remarks/suggestions about the package.

Cheers

Roman