[pstricks] Corrupted mailing list archives

Christian Stork pstricks-list at cstork.org
Sun Sep 28 03:12:02 CEST 2003

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 07:33:11AM +0200, Herbert Voss wrote:
> Christian Stork schrieb:
> >
> >The gzipped sources to the mailing list at
> >http://tug.org/pipermail/pstricks/2003.txt.gz are corrupted.
> >
> >It seems that this is due to incorrect mangling of email addresses in
> >the '^From ' lines.
>
> no problem here, it opens fine in Netscape

I tried it with mutt.  Mutt shows only five or so messages, where the
last message contains all the remaining ones from the mbox file.

The problem is that for correct parsing of the From_ lines the follwing
format is expected (at least accoring to qmail's mbox man page):

\n\nFrom envsender date\n

Here envsender has to be *one* word.  This is not the case after the
email address mangeling that happend in 2003.txt.gz.

BTW, I don't think that it is necessary to mangle email addresses in
2003.txt.gz since spammer's don't gunzip any text files.  Even if deemed
necessary simply replacing @ with <at> should do.  See gmane.org (eg
http://gmane.org/faq.php look for'<at>').

-Chris