[pstricks] Drawing complicated diagrams which don't contain much (mathematical) order..

Lakhinder Walia lakhindr at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 23:20:09 CEST 2003

Greetings, PS-Trickers.

I am helping a friend typeset a book with latex and ps-tricks.

My exposure to pstricks is limited. I had stumbled upon XY-PIC before that,
but
gave it up in frustration :-). Great concepts though.

But some features of XY-PIC are very addictive, and I am wondering if I could
have a
way of getting them in PS-Tricks:

I mostly draw electrical circuits.

1. Could I get the coordinates of a reference point (rnode)? This gets to be
very
    tedious as I scale a gate or a flip-flop to what ever size needed, and
then it needs
    to be connected to the inputs shown on extreme left side of the picture.

    Basically I want to say, draw a line of 1 inch length to the left of
rnode{a}.
    Currently I draw a horizontal line, by guessing the coordinates of
rnode{a},
    then put a pnode 1 inch to the left of that.

2.  I want to put a little dot where wires connect, and that way it becomes
clear
     where wires are simply passing over each other but not connecting.
     Is there a way to find the geometrical point of intersection?

3.  Is there any repository of work that I could look at and learn more. I
have read the
     reference manual.  I want to build a library of circuit elements and do
it with most
     flexibility.

Thanks.