[pstricks] coordinate

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Fri Jul 25 00:18:44 CEST 2003

Pedro Jorge Caridade schrieb:
> Sorry for this crazy question but I really need this possibility and I
> didn't see in the archives of the mailing list. Is there any chance to
> use absolute postscript coordinates?
>
> What I want to do is to use a rput command in some point of the page, in
> which the x coordinate should be the absolute value of the coordinate in
> the postscript.

the origin of the paper area is in the upper left
1inch from the top and 1inch from the left. But only
when _all_ margins are set to zero. Otherwise the origin
is shifted to the right and down depending to the margin
values.

Relative to the this point you can use the rput command.

Herbert

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\psset{unit=1in}
\oddsidemargin0pt
\topmargin=0pt
\topskip=0pt
\headheight=0pt
\headsep=0pt
\parindent=0pt
\begin{document}
	\rput(-1,1){\makebox(0,0)[lt]{Upper Left}}
	\rput(0,0){\makebox(0,0)[l]{Origin}}
	\rput(2,-2){\makebox(0,0)[l]{P(2in;-2in)}}
	\rput(2,-6){\makebox(0,0)[l]{P(2in;-6in)}}