[pstricks] Precision of dimensions/colors

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Sun May 25 18:39:25 CEST 2003

Grzegorz Owsiany schrieb:
> In my application i convert rgb colors from range of fields: [0..255].
>
> e.g. red = [255 0 0] gives [1 0 0] in pstricks rgb color mode.
>
> I'm using my own arithmetic which can represent proper fractions with
> precision to n-th digit after decimal point.
> if n>9 for rgb colors latex sometimes stops with error.
> What is the most accurate and precise color mode in pstricks?
> Now I'm using rgb and gray modes. Does using n=9 precision have sense
> for representing colors?

please give an example file.

For dimensions i use 1cm as a unit. I suppose that 1pt will be more
accurate because pt is basic unit in postscript, am I wrong?

the PostScript unit is bp which is 1/72 inch,
nearly the same as pt, which is 1/72.72 inch