[pstricks] pstricks and xfig

Denis Girou Denis.Girou at idris.fr
Thu May 15 17:45:37 CEST 2003

    Franco.Bagnoli> what about kig (belongs to kde Edutainment project, http://edu.kde.org/)?
    Franco.Bagnoli> It uses a geometrical approach resembling pst-eucl, which in my opinion is
    Franco.Bagnoli> extremely useful.

    Franco.Bagnoli> kig exports to xml, and the structure is similar to that of pst-eucl.

  If you think that this is a good tool and the good direction, you can of
course try to convaince the author to write a PSTricks output driver, or write
it by yourself, or hope to found somebody interested to do it.

  Nevertheless, just taking an eye on it, I saw it as a lot more specialized
and highly less powerful (but in early stage of development) than XFig, and
also I did not truly see it advantages comparing to Eukleides
( http://perso.wanadoo.fr/obrecht/ ), which has already itself a PSTricks
output driver (but as my opinions are very superficial here - and as I did not
need these tools myself -, I can be wrong!)

D.G.