[pstricks] elliptic arc: proposition of code

vin gui vin.gui at laposte.net
Thu May 15 09:56:52 CEST 2003

Thank you Herbert for you solution for drawing an elliptic arc with
arrows using pst-plot.

However, it does not give very nice results if the ellipse
is very curved compared to the size of the arrow, or if the line
thickness it too large. Therefore, I looked into the code of \psarc, and
I adapted it to the case of an elliptic arc. The main difference with
\psarc, is the way the angle corresponding to the arrow is computed
(variable /e in the function ArcArrow): here, I use an iterative
procedure which converges to the correct angle.
The code is not nicely written, and of course can be improved.
It seems to work fine.

Tell me what you think.

(the comments included are in french, and I wrote them originally to
understand how psarc works...)

The code is in attachment.

Many thanks,

Vincent.