[pstricks] Questions using fileplot and psaxes

Martin Buchmann Martin_Buchmann at gmx.net
Tue Apr 15 14:48:05 CEST 2003

Hello,

i'm using the fileplot command to plot some data of this form

<--- exp.dat --->

1050, 0.368
1100, 0.371
1200, 0.471
1250, 0.428
1300, 0.391
1350, 0.456
1400, 0.499
1500, 1.712
1550, 0.475
1600, 0.497

<-------->

where the first number is the x-coordinate in micro metres and the
second is the Cu concentration in weight percent, just for your
information ;-)

I'm doing basically this for the plot:

<--- exp.tex --->

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{pst-plot}

\psset{xunit=0.005,yunit=1}

\begin{document}

   \begin{pspicture}(900,-0.25)(1700,2.5)

       \fileplot[plotstyle=dots,linecolor=red]{exp.dat}
       \psaxes[Ox=1000,dx=500]{->}(900,0)(2000,2)

<------->

This works fine but i have a few small questions:

- Is there a possibility to get the labels in millimetres instead of
microns, i.e. divide the numbers by thousand without changing the input
data? I think that is what 'dx' and 'Dx' where made for but i can not
figure out i have to use it at the moment :-(

- Is there any way to get halfticks with \psaxes? E.g. in the example
above i want to have a label and a longer tick each 1mm and a small tick
without label each 0.5mm. I did this in the past using multips and
multido, etc. without using psaxes. But it would be great if there would
be another way. Is there some option i just missed in the docu?

BTW: If the two options are not available at the moment how about add
them in the future? I'm not sure if someone else want to have this
features and i'm not able to start this project by myself but i would
enjoy learning more about TeX programming and Postscript if someone with
more experience could give me a bit of advice in the beginning.

One more rather simple question:

When i try to change the dotstyle to, e.g, 'diamond' (using
dotstyle=diamond) there is nothing plotted in the resulting ps-file. I'm
sure i just missed something in the docu.

Thanks in advance and best regards
  Martin

--
ASCII - da weiss man, was man hat.