[pstricks] Drawing flowchart with pst-node

Martin Buchmann Martin_Buchmann at gmx.net
Mon Feb 17 17:55:49 CET 2003

Hi all,

i'm drawing flowcharts for a Fortran90 program i'm working on at the
moment. I found the very inspiring example by Denis Girou at the tug's
website and have used this for some easy if constructs:

<-- Flowchart-exp.tex -->

%&latex
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{pst-node}

\newlength\breite

\newcommand{\strukbox}[2]{%
\settowidth{\breite}{#1}
\addtolength{\breite}{0.1\breite}
\psframebox%
{\parbox{\breite}{\centering #2}}}

\pagestyle{empty}

\begin{document}

    \begin{center}

	\begin{psmatrix}[rowsep=0.5cm,colsep=0.8cm]
	    % the flowchart
	    \\
	    \psdiabox{\itshape logical\_expr} \\
	    \strukbox{Statement 1}{Statement 1 Statement 2} \\
	    \\
	    % the links
	    \ncline{->}{1,1}{2,1}
	    \ncline{->}{3,1}{5,1}
	    \ncline{->}{2,1}{3,1}>{.TRUE.}
	    \ncbar{->}{2,1}{4,1}
	    \naput[npos=0.8]{.FALSE.}
	\end{psmatrix}

    \end{center}

\end{document}

<-- eof -->

That's working fine therefore i hope it is correct :-)

But now i want to draw some do loops which look basically like this:
(please excuse the ASCII-art)

  /-----------\
 /  #1  |      \
 |------|  #2  |
 \  #3  |      /
  \-----------/

where #1 is the index start value, #2 is the end condition and #3 is the increase.

I would love to have a real markup solution like:

\DoLoop{#1}{#2}{#3}

which draws the right polygon and that can be used inside the
psmatrix-environment but i'm a bit unsure about starting to hack in some
code. So, i thought maybe someone did things like this already or can
give me a short hint how to start and which erros to avoid, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

P.S.: Please don't get me wrong! I don't want someone to do my work i'm
just looking for some advice :-)

--
Smiley #11 The Angry Amiley :-||
You have reached your limit.