[pstricks] parallel arrows to an oval node

Denis Girou Denis.Girou at idris.fr
Wed Nov 20 19:58:13 CET 2002

  Looking at the archives of the mailing list for another reason, I see that
I missed this question, which is already nearly one month old...

    Armin.Schmich> I'm trying to draw two parallel arrows (with significant distance to each
    Armin.Schmich> other) from one ovalnode to another. Unfortunately, the "offset" parameter
    Armin.Schmich> doesn't give the result I'm looking for, depending on the angle of the
    Armin.Schmich> arrows, one arrow points inside the ellipse and one error points outside.

  This cannot be done automatically. You must adjust the lengths of the
connections with the nodesepA and nodesepB parameters.

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}

\usepackage{pst-node}

\pagestyle{empty}

\begin{document}

\begin{psmatrix}[mnode=oval,colsep=5,rowsep=3,
                 fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=yellow]
  [name=Source] Source \\
                       & [name=Target] Target
\end{psmatrix}
\ncline[offset=-0.1,nodesepA=-0.1,nodesepB=0.05]{->}{Source}{Target}
\ncline[offset=0.1,nodesepA=0.05,nodesepB=-0.1]{->}{Source}{Target}

\end{document}

    Armin.Schmich> At the moment I'm doing stuff like this:
    Armin.Schmich> (I'm somewhat new to pstricks, so please excuse my bad code...

  Give each time a minimal but complete test file, and verify that at least
it compile. Your code was full of basic errors (numbers in variable names and
undefined variables). Thanks.

D.G.