[pstricks] Pstricks and pdftex

Denis Girou Denis.Girou at idris.fr
Fri Oct 4 20:00:28 CEST 2002

>>>>> "John.Culleton" == John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> writes:

    John.Culleton> Is there anything the user of (...) Context can do
    John.Culleton> to utilize pstricks?

  This point was briefly discussed here more than two years ago:

http://tug.org/pipermail/pstricks/2000/000424.html

  I do not use ConTeXt myself (but this is what I would use if I started using
TeX today, as I think it has big advantages above LaTeX - coherent interface,
powerful syntax and integrated development versus incoherent interface, poor
syntax (for all the packages not based on `keyval') and anarchic development
with huge instability and frequent clashes between extensions), but for what
I can see, PSTricks must be largely or completely usable with it. This was a
very good choice from Timothy to have developed PSTricks as a generic package,
independent of any flavor of TeX.

  This is also why I think this is not a good choice for the future to develop
new high level PSTricks packages as LaTeX ones (as `pst-uml' or Vaucanson):

http://www.ensta.fr/~diam/latex/pst-uml/
http://perso.enst.fr/~lombardy/Vauc/

  Since 2000, I know that Han Hagen has released a special compatibility file
for PSTricks. It solve the problem described in my old message for the |
character and the problem on color models, and add few other things (one of
them is marked as suggested by yourself...).

  Study the source and comments of this file in
CTAN:macros/context/cont-tmf.zip

  -rw-rw-rw-      3550  12-Mar-2002  12:32:58  tex/context/base/m-pstric.tex

D.G.