[pstricks] SStill trying to optimize my postscript

Remi Coulom Remi.Coulom at free.fr
Sun Apr 7 11:02:15 CEST 2002

Denis Girou wrote:

>   You are right: using thousands of \psline commands will create very huge
> and specially not optimized files.
>
>   The alternative is simple: you have rather to use the \lineto macro,
> fixing at the beginning the first point with the \moveto macro.
> They must be used both inside a \pscustom macro. See pages 32, 36 and 39
> of the manual and the following basic example.

Thanks a lot Denis! Unfortunately, it did not work because I use showpoints=true
and doubleline. Anyway, I learnt a little Postscript and rewrote my program so
it generates Postscript directly, which allowed me to obtain extremely compact
figures.

I still have some questions, though. First, I noticed that pstricks generates
coordinates with an accuracy of 0.0001 dots when converting units from
centimeters. Is there a way I could limit it to an accuracy of, say, 1 dot or
0.1 dots?

Another question I have: is there a pstricks option that allows to select the
type of line join (setlinejoin, in Postscript). I would like to use bevel join,
but pstricks seems to be using miter join. I did not manage to find this option
in the pstricks doc.

Thanks,

Rémi