[pstricks] How to modify the 'Graphics Companion' book example

Szilard szilard at cs.utwente.nl
Tue Sep 25 15:26:15 CEST 2001

from the bottom of page 124 so that the first psshadowbox
points to all
of the psshadowbox elements of the psmatrix from the
second psframebox and not just the first?

My problem more specifically is in the assigning of separate
names
to all of the elements of a psmatrix (in the book is printed
that all
cells can be named), but this works only for the first two
elements of the psmatrix. If I insert for instance a
[name=C] before the third
element of the matrix, then I get a latex error that some
number is missing
at the end of the psframebox containing the matrix in
question:

-------------------------------------
[2]
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
l.198   }

-------------------------------------

Here is the whole code, if you uncomment the 14th and 16th
lines, the error
will appear:

\psset{arrows=->,fillcolor=white,fillstyle=solid}
\newcommand{\Show}[1]{\psshadowbox{#1}}
\begin{psmatrix}[mnode=r,ref=t]
  \psframebox[linestyle=none,framesep=.75]{%
    \rule{0cm}{100pt}
    \begin{psmatrix}[name=X,ref=c]
      \Show{Stakeholder}
    \end{psmatrix}} &

\psframebox[fillstyle=solid,fillcolor=lightgray,framesep=.75]{%
    \rule{1cm}{0pt}
    \begin{psmatrix}[ref=c]
      [name=A]\Show{Goal} & [name=B]\Show{Criteria}\\
      %[name=C]
      \Show{Sub-goal} &
      %[name=D]
      \Show{Justification}
      \ncline{1,1}{1,2}
      \ncline{1,1}{2,2}
      \ncline{1,1}{2,1}%\tlput{Strategy}
      \ncline{2,1}{2,2}
    \end{psmatrix}
  }
\end{psmatrix}
\ncline[angleB=180]{X}{A}\naput[npos=.2]{Model1}
\ncline[angleB=180]{X}{B}\naput[npos=.5]{Model2}

Greetings
Szilard