Predefined colors?

Eddie Saudrais eddie.saudrais at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 11 20:37:40 CEST 2000

Denis Bitouzé a écrit :

> it is written, in the document « Présentation de PSTricks », by Denis
> Girou, that more than hundred colors are predefined.

Where are they defined ?...

> But, if I try to
> use the color 'pink' (as in some examples in the document), I get the
> following error message
>
>    PSTricks error.  See User's Guide for further information.
>                  Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
> ! Color `pink' not defined.
> \@pstrickserr ... immediate help.}\errmessage {#1}

In the PSTricks user's guide, by T. Van Zandt, you can read:

"The grayscales black, darkgray, gray, lightgray, and white and the
colors red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, and yellow are predefined in
PSTricks."

The file pstricks.tex contains :

\newgray{black}{0}
\newgray{darkgray}{.25}
\newgray{gray}{.5}
\newgray{lightgray}{.75}
\newgray{white}{1}
\newrgbcolor{red}{1 0 0}
\newrgbcolor{green}{0 1 0}
\newrgbcolor{blue}{0 0 1}
\newrgbcolor{yellow}{1 1 0}
\newrgbcolor{cyan}{0 1 1}
\newrgbcolor{magenta}{1 0 1}

You have to define your own pink :

\newrgbcolor{pink}{1 .6 .8}

You can put this line in the file pstricks.con, a configuration file
read after pstricks.tex : you have to uncomment the \pstcustomize
command, and you can write \newrgbcolor{pink}{1 .6 .8} and other colors
after.

Now, how do you draw a panther with PSTricks?...

*           Envoyez vos zimèles à           *
*      mailto:eddie.saudrais at wanadoo.fr     *
*             Ma page maison :              *
*   http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eddie.saudrais  *
with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>