Including image in PostScript with transparent background

Jacek Pliszka Jacek.Pliszka at fuw.edu.pl
Tue May 9 01:15:32 CEST 2000

Hi!

Thanks for help again it worked great!

I got one more problem, some images should have a transparent background.

I am able to get image with given background color with:

\pscustom{\code{gsave
.5 setgray
/pix 12 string def
/grays 4 string def
28.346 28.346 scale
1.200000 9.600000 translate
2.900000 2.900000 scale
4 4 8
[4 0 0 4 0 0]
{currentfile pix readhexstring pop}
false 3 colorimage
FF0000FF0000FF0000FF0000
00FF000000FF00FF000000FF
FF00FFFFFF0000FFFF000000
000000000000000000000000
4 4 false
[4 0 0 4 0 0]
{<1111>}
imagemask
}}

But I am loosing what was printed/drawed under the image.

Could somebody tell me whethere there exist a smart way
(compatible with PostScript Level 2) to get this
transparent background effect?

I found something like that:

/backgroundColor [1 1 1] def % WHITE
/SetColor { % STACK: ARRAY
aload pop setrgbcolor
} def
clippath backgroundColor SetColor fill

But I cannot get it working as I want.

Thanks again for any help,

Jacek

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>