[Problem] dotscale and dotangle parameters have wrong effects

Denis Girou Denis.Girou at idris.fr
Thu Dec 23 17:39:08 CET 1999

    D.G.>   Etienne Riga <etienne.riga at skynet.be> recently show me that the dotscale
    D.G.> (and dotangle too) parameters have clearly incorrect effects.
    D.G.> ...
    D.G.>   Some new changes are required in pstricks.tex and pst-plot.tex too.

    D.G.> % In pstricks.tex

    D.G.> ...

    D.G.> \def\newpsfontdotH#1[#2]#3#4#5{%
    D.G.> \@namedef{psds@#1}{%
    D.G.> /#3 \psk@@dotangle [#2] \tx at FontDot
    D.G.> /Dot {
    D.G.> moveto
    D.G.> \iftrue
    D.G.> gsave \pst at usecolor\psfillcolor #5 show grestore
    D.G.> \fi
    D.G.> % DG/SR modification begin - Dec. 12, 1999
    D.G.> % #4 show
    D.G.> gsave \psk at dotscale #4 show grestore
    D.G.> % DG/SR modification end
    D.G.> } bind def }}

  Etienne Riga remind me today that I miss to integrate another of his
remarks: the "fillcolor" parameter is not properly managed when "dotscale"
is used.

  So, the \newpsfontdotH must have another \psk at dotscale macro called in
the proper place:

\def\newpsfontdotH#1[#2]#3#4#5{%
\@namedef{psds@#1}{%
/#3 \psk@@dotangle [#2] \tx at FontDot
/Dot {
moveto
\iftrue
% DG/SR modification begin - Dec. 23, 1999
% #4 show
%gsave \pst at usecolor\psfillcolor #5 show grestore
%\fi
gsave \psk at dotscale \pst at usecolor\psfillcolor #5 show grestore
\fi
gsave \psk at dotscale #4 show grestore
% DG/SR modification end
} bind def }}

D.G.

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>