Printing text and PSTricks stuff separately

Pascal Kockaert Pascal.Kockaert at ulb.ac.be
Wed Nov 17 11:33:41 CET 1999

Hi,

I'm using PSTricks to make slides.
Recently, I discovered the package PDFslide, which is oriented towards
screen presentation. Even though it is possible to display PS files
full-screen, PDF files are more quicly displayed and well suited for
``dynamical'' presentations.

As everybody knows, without Acrobat Distiller, it seems impossible to use
PSTricks and output PDF. Using GS to convert the file to PDF is not a good
solution because the fonts are rendered very poorly by Acrobat. Use of
PDFLaTeX allows to have good rendering of fonts, but then, we loose great
features like PSTricks and PSFRAG.

Because more often PSTricks stuff is displayed in the background, with text
laying on it, I just wondered if it could be possible to output both layers
separately : I mean, everything which is coming from PSTricks and the text
itself. In this way, one could convert the background to PDF or JPEG and
use it as background in PDFLaTeX, having so good rendering of fonts and
wonderful features of PS inclusions.

OK, this seems tricky, but do we have the choice?
Has everybody any idea how this could be practically done, or at least if
it's possible?

Thank you for any suggestion.

Pascal

________
Pascal Kockaert                               Tél: +32-2-650.28.30
Service d'Optique et d'Acoustique             Fax: +32-2-650.44.96
Université Libre de Bruxelles  CP194/5     e-mail: Pascal.Kockaert at ulb.ac.be
50, Av. F.D. Roosevelt          	      URL: http://www.ulb.ac.be/polytech/soa
B-1050 Bruxelles
BELGIQUE
________

Age quod agis

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>