what is the compatibility of PSTricks?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Nov 11 10:41:46 CET 1999

Niren writes:
 > 	Now, I have another question. Has, any body faced any problems
 > about using PSTricks with any of the TeX or LaTeX libraries?

very occasionally. someone a week or so ago reported that pstricks
defines \next, which is fairly unfriendly. and if you use the color
package, you must make sure you load "pst-col", not
"color". Otherwise, I'd class PSTricks as a well-behaved citizen.

 > Also, will PSTricks totally compatible with future versions of LaTeX?

It does not do anything which the LaTeX team would regard as unwise,
in this respect. IE it does not redefine core constructs, so far as I
can remember. but no guarentees!

to my mind, the *only* problem with PSTricks, which I regard as an
excellent package, is that it is tied to PostScript output. I wish I
could see a way to transmogrify it to PDFTricks.

Sebastian Rahtz

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>