A question about seminar

Denis Girou Denis.Girou at idris.fr
Fri Mar 19 10:29:04 CET 1999

    Jacques.Cremer> The same general mechanism that does the overlays should be able to do
    Jacques.Cremer> cumulative slides, but I am lost in the seminar and PStricks code. Has anybody
    Jacques.Cremer> already solved this problem or understand enough to explain at least the basis
    Jacques.Cremer> of the way this could be done?

  A quick answer (I may have miss some points in your message): seems like you
are not aware of the Seminar FAQ. I answer to this question long time ago.
See paragraph 12, and specially 12.2 for "cumulative slides".
http://www.tug.org/applications/Seminar

    Jacques.Cremer> I have begun to project slides directly from my computer rather than having
    Jacques.Cremer> them printed on transparencies. This is very easy going through dvips, then
    Jacques.Cremer> making a PDF file and using Acrobat's full screen mode.

  I receive a lot of questions about that these last months. It is obviously
one of the major evolutions in this area. One of my projects for the next
months (but unfortunately I have several other ones in the same time...) is to
add new paragraphs in the Seminar FAQ (or to write an independant document if
there are two many things to say) about "Seminar and PDF" and "Seminar on
laptops" - which are heavily connected subjects. I will try to summarize the
capabilities and limitations of the various available solutions (dvips +
ps2pdf ; pdflatex (+ pdfscreen) ; VTeX + GeX ; etc.). It is a rather wide and
fast evolving subject, so it will take some time (and will require exchanges
with experiments of others).

    Jacques.Cremer> I am not sure this is the right place to ask the question, as it is a question
    Jacques.Cremer> about seminar,

  I prefer not and devote this mailing list to PSTricks only. I prefer
personally a mailing list with a low traffic but specialized one than a higher
traffic with some discussions interesting for only a part of the audience.
And don't forget that there are plain TeX users of PSTricks who never use
LaTeX and that everybody is free to make is own choices and to found the best
solution for him (for instance PSTricks graphics with FoilTeX slides if they
prefer).

  Ask Seminar questions privately or on c.t.t. (I try to answer to the maximum
of them - but don't succeed each time, it's true...)

D.G.

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>