pstricks/seminar

Bruno Sanso bruno at cesma.usb.ve
Sat Dec 12 16:57:08 CET 1998

	Dear all,
  I installed pstricks on a Sun ULTRA 5 running Solaris 2.6 and compiled the
test-pst.tex with no problems. I then took one particular example i.e.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstcol,pst-char}
\definecolor{lightblue}{rgb}{.68, .85, .9}
\begin{document}
\begin{figure}[h]
\begin{pspicture}(0,-1)(8.7,2.5)
  \fontfamily{ptm}\selectfont
\pscharpath[fillstyle=solid,linecolor=red,fillcolor=lightblue,linewidth=2pt]
             {\fontsize{1.5in}{1.5in}\selectfont \LaTeX}
\end{pspicture}
\end{figure}
\end{document}

and I also had no problem. When I changed it to

\documentclass{seminar}
\usepackage{pstcol,pst-char}
\pagestyle{empty}
\definecolor{lightblue}{rgb}{.68, .85, .9}
\begin{document}
\begin{slide}
\begin{figure}[h]
\begin{pspicture}(0,-1)(8.7,2.5)
  \fontfamily{ptm}\selectfont
\pscharpath[fillstyle=solid,linecolor=red,fillcolor=lightblue,linewidth=2pt]
             {\fontsize{1.5in}{1.5in}\selectfont \LaTeX}
\end{pspicture}
\end{figure}
\end{slide}
\end{document}

I managed to compile it but, after producing the postscript file with
dvips, I got the following error from gs

Error: /undefined in tx at Dict

Is there some kind of incompatibility between seminar and pstricks? (I am
using  dvipsk 5.58f and Aladdin Ghostscript 5.50).
  Cheers,
						Bruno

  Dr Bruno Sanso'		 http://www.cesma.usb.ve/~bruno
  UNIVERSIDAD SIMON BOLIVAR      e-mail: bruno at cesma.usb.ve
  CESMa  			 voice : 58-2-9063233/3234
  Apartado postal 89000          fax   : 58-2-9063232/3234
  Caracas-Venezuela

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>