Bug with EPStoTeX environment and attached labels?

Torsten Hilbrich Torsten.Hilbrich at gmx.net
Sat Aug 15 17:59:07 CEST 1998

I have a problem with the n[abc]put command in my drawings.  I was able
to produce a rather short example:

   \documentclass{article}
   \usepackage{pst-all}
   \pagestyle{empty}
   \begin{document}
   \begin{TeXtoEPS}
     \psxunit=3cm
     \psyunit=2cm
     \begin{pspicture}(0.5,0.5)(2.5,1.5)
   %    \psgrid
       \rput(1,1){\rnode{1}{1}}
       \rput(2,1){\rnode{2}{2}}
       \ncline{->}{1}{2}
       \ncput*{Test}
     \end{pspicture}
   \end{TeXtoEPS}

   \end{document}

If I set this example the resulting bounding box is too large (the
origin (0,0) is always included into the bounding box).  If I remove
the \ncput* line, the bounding box is correct.

Here for reference are the version number of the packages that a used
in this examples:

(/usr/lib/texmf/local/tex/generic/pstricks/pstricks.tex
`PSTricks' v97 patch 9  <1998/01/07> (tvz)
(/usr/lib/texmf/local/tex/generic/pstricks/pst-node.tex
 v97 patch 6, 1998/04/28))
(/usr/lib/texmf/local/tex/generic/pstricks/pst-eps.tex
 v97 patch 1, 1997/05/05))

I used dvips dvips(k) 5.78, kpathsea version 3.2 with the dvips -E
call to produce the EPS file.

I have downloaded the latest version from CTAN two days ago to check
the bug against.

If you have any idea, what I can do to solve the problem, please tell
me.  I tried the \naput, \nbput commands too, but they produces
exactly the same result.  I really need to attach this kind of text in
my original drawings.

If you reply, please send a cc to me, I'm not subscribed to read the
list (using just the lists archive for searching if I got problems).

Thanks for your help,

	Torsten

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>