Pstricks and OzTex Again

Rebecca and Rowland rebecca at astrid.u-net.com
Thu Jul 9 02:11:57 CEST 1998

At 10:56 pm +0100 8/7/98, Yvon Thoraval wrote:
>Now the path problem has gone ...forever ?
>
>I've got a numerous warning messages like those :
>
>>LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmr/m/n' in size <108.405> not available
>>(Font)              size <24.88> substituted on input line 4.

This is expected: you should try using something like:

\usepackage{times}

in your preamble to select a different fount.

[snip]

>reading test-pst.log shows i have again to increase memory allocation :

not necessarily: 90% of these error messages indicate a problem with the
document.

[snip]

>Then i did change the mem_max in the config file up tu 600 kb
>and change also the preferred memory size again using get info.
>Up now to 7003 kb.

Although if this solves the problem, you've come across one of the 10% of
other problems.

>However i stiil have to take care of the warning messages :
>
>	MissingPK  fonts :
>		cmti 12.518pk
>		cmsc 10.432pk
>		cmmi 12.622pk
>		cmbxti 10.360pk
>	Font shape xxx not available.
>	Overfull \hbox.
>	Float too large.

The missing PK founts should be build by Metafont if you're using an
up-to-date version of OzTeX (check the `make missing pk fonts' box when you
go to view a dvi file).

As for the rest of it...  I've no idea (because I know nothing about the
input document), although it might be fixed if you use founts that are
meant to be used at any size.

Rowland.

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>