[Problem] Macros using node coordinates used them as absolute ones

Denis Girou Denis.Girou at idris.fr
Wed Feb 25 23:00:45 CET 1998

  Thomas Siegel <siegel at aix550.informatik.uni-leipzig.de> recently report that
moves (by \rput for instance) of objects defined using nodes have no effect.
The position is not affected by the translation required.

  My test file is:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{pst-node}

\pagestyle{empty}

\begin{document}

\SpecialCoor

\begin{pspicture}(5,5)
  \qdisk(5,0){2.5mm}
  \qdisk(0,5){2.5mm}
  \rput(1,1){\psline(5,0)(0,5)}
\end{pspicture}
\begin{pspicture}(5,5)
  \Cnode*(5,0){f1}
  \Cnode*(0,5){f2}
  \rput(1,1){\psline(f1)(f2)}

  Despite efforts, I haven't found a correction or a workaround for the
moment... (the problem is related to the way that nodes used to compute their
center when we refer to them - it is the GetCenter PostScript macro from
pst-node.pro). As it use transformation matrices, the question is not easy...

  I update the pstricks.bug file for that.

  Thanks for the report, Thomas!

D.G.

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>