PSTricks and Textures

Michal Marvan Michal.Marvan at fpf.slu.cz
Thu Jan 22 18:46:07 CET 1998

Dear colleagues,

This is to reply the recent mail by the maintainers.

It seems to me that the most important and urgent thing is to set up
standard README files for PSTricks (and subdirectories, if reasonable).
The now obsolete file read-me.pst is a good example of what I mean.
It had clear structure and was easily understood by a novice.

> Do people think that the "unsupported" part of PSTricks (ie original
> source and so on) should be more clearly flagged as such on CTAN? I'd
> be quite in favour of that. Suggestions for a layout welcome. Just to

In my opinion, the present layout is O.K.

> I'll also add the lines I sent yesterday to clarify the situation of the
> directories about their level of support.

Yes, it was very clear and certainly should be included.

>  + origdoc was not updated (and there is no plan to). I only correct one
>    simple problem reported in a file of it.

But, generally speaking, users will be happier if all parts of PSTricks
are either obsolete or supported. In my opinion, manuals should always be
in the latter category (e.g., the present one still recommends read-me.pst
for reading).

Best regards,

- Michal Marvan

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>