PSTricks on PPC

Herve Choplin choplin at delphi.phys.univ-tours.fr
Thu Jan 8 00:28:46 CET 1998

To view I create an postscript output file with dvips and I view with
MacGS 5.10 ; also create a pdf file with ps2pdf in MacGs and print
via AcrobatReader 3 on my Stylus Color 600.

I use OzTeX 3.1

Hervé CHOPLIN         UNIVERSITÉ FRANÇOIS RABELAIS - TOURS FRANCE
Tél.: (33) 02.47.36.69.38 - Fax: (33) 02.47.36.70.40
E-mail: choplin at delphi.phys.univ-tours.fr

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Gregory A. Ruderman wrote:

> >I am having a lot of difficulties to install PSTricks on my PPC.
> >I downloaded pstricks.zip from a CTAN site, I expanded it and
> >I copied it in the TEX input directory. I tried to write some
> >of the examples from the LaTeX Companion Graphics, but
> >either it cannot find files (like when I tried to use \showgrid )
> >or it compiles but it doesn't show any graphics.
> >I am using Texture 1.8 for PPC.
> >Any suggestions?
> >ALEX
>
> When using PSTricks with Textures, you have to be very careful about what
> you expect to get as output on 1) the screen, and 2) the printer.
> Textures' typeset window will _not_ show PostScript on the screen.  It's
> simply not programmed to.  If you want to see if it really works, try
> printing your document, but be sure that you're sending to a PostScript
> printer, otherwise Textures will just print what's on the screen (the
> QuickDraw output).
>
> Sounds simple enough, but it took me days to figure it out.

> Gregory A. Ruderman             / \ \ "...and all the science I don't
>   ruderman at uiuc.edu            |   | \  understand is just my job five
>                                | U |  \ days a week."
> Air Force Research Laboratory /| S |\  \       -- Elton John "Rocket Man"
> Edwards AFB, California      | | A | |  |---------------------------------
> http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~ruderman  |   I am a rocket scientist"
> -----Creator of the 'Axial Tilt is the Reason for the Season' buttons-----

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>