fileplot making white dots?

Gordon Haverland haverlan at agric.gov.ab.ca
Mon Dec 1 22:48:50 CET 1997

In an effort to work around a teTeX distribution
running out of memory on Linux, I started using
(or trying to use) \fileplot in PSTricks.

I am trying to plot 500 data points within a graph.
Gnuplot 3.5 generated the original pstricks instructions,
but LaTeX runs out of memory.  I tried moving the
points to a data file, and then having them read in
by fileplot.  The graph is about 600x300pt.  If I
set dotsize=500pt 0, and view the output using gs,
I first see my page of (surrounding) text and the outline
of the graph, and then the middle of the page is
blanked out.  Reducing dotsize to 250pt (still ridiculous),
only half of the graph is blanked out.  It appears
that fileplot is plotting white dots, not black like the
outline of the graph and the text.

I've searched your archive and several search engines
in an effort to find out what I am doing wrong, but to
no avail.  I am not a PostScript expert, which is why
I used pstricks since it looked an easier route for editing
(if needed).

Thanks.

Gordon Haverland
haverlan @ agric.gov.ab.ca

with a blank subject and in body the line unsubscribe <email-address>