[protext] Texmaker is not texmakerx or texstudio!

Pascal Brachet texmaker at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 17:16:48 CEST 2011

In a previous message, you said : "The problem was, that TeXMaker changed
its name".
It's totally false.
Texmaker has never changed his name since his creation in 2003 :
http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/ <goog_1606797835>.
You make a confusion between the authentic texmaker and texmakerx which has
been forced to change his name by sourceforge.

What sourceforge said :
mai 2011 :"I will take a look at the *Texmakerx* project. If they are in
fact
infringing, we will definitely ask them to change their name, as it is not
our policy to promote or host projects that don’t comply with the law. I’m
sorry that the original author had to change his project, and I will be
happy to reach out to them to see if there’s anything we can do to help set
the record straight. ..." ( source :
http://sourceforge.net/blog/another-lesson-learned-clear-communication-is-key/).
june 2011 : "Those of you using LaTeX to write documents may be familiar
with a program called Texmaker <http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/>. A free,
cross-platform text editor specifically for LaTeX, this project has been
around since 2003. From this project, a new project was forked called
TexMakerX. While this was a completely separate project, and said so on
their site, there was a lot of crossover and considerable confusion between
the two projects." (source :
http://sourceforge.net/blog/texmakerx-is-now-texstudio/ )

Note on the authentic texmaker homesite : "This program is the authentic
Texmaker editor and there is strictly no relationship between this program
developed since 2003 and another latex editor which uses intentionally
almost the same name to trick users."