[protext] Installing Tex on Windows XP Edition x64

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Oct 29 00:34:46 CEST 2006

Hello Dr. Clements,

    install program failed

Was there an error message?  Did the extraction seem to go ok?

I wonder if the download could have been corrupted, which seems to
happen surprisingly often.  Can you check the file size and/or checksum
with what's on the server?

    are you aware of any x64 versions of LaTex(2e) available?

I was under the impression that the binaries should run fine on either
one.  I can't recall special 64-bit versions for Windows being needed
before.  But Thomas or others will know better than me about that.

Best regards,
Karl