[protext] dvipdfm error with including graphics

Tim Maull gsi.tim at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:58:57 CEST 2006

I get the following error when I'm using dvipdfm with eps files:

hf_template.dvi -> hf_template.pdf
[1][2][3(OECD.eps<PS>
Current input buffer is --><</Type/Page/MediaBox [0 0 2384 3370]
/Parent 3 0 ...
<--

Expecting an object, but didn't find one
Current input buffer is -->
<</Type/Page/MediaBox [0 0 2384 3370]
/Parent 3 0 ...
<--
Didn't find "endobj"

pdf_lookup_dict:  Passed invalid dictionary

Output file removed.

I've gotten this error after installing the latest version of ProText. Other
versions of MikTeX at my school do not have this problem. I am assuming that
some option in the dvipdfm config is incorrectly set. Any ideas about how to
fix this?  I'm using Excel to create pdf files of charts, and then Adobe to
save them as eps.

Thanks in advance,
Tim