[protext] Downloading LaTeX

Hippisley hippisley at alum.mit.edu
Wed Apr 5 15:25:31 CEST 2006

Like other open source software, LaTeX systems appear to be impossible
for people of 'average" intelligence to download, install, and use.

LaTeX has been recommended by my Physics instructor as a vehicle for
writing my final report this semester.  I have been trying, without
success, to download the proTeXt-MiKTeX Windows ensemble for the past
two hours.  Each download page I am sent to provides only tons more text
about the next layer of components.

I like to think I'm a "tekkie", but I must confess, I have been
outclassed by the developers of LaTeX.

Give me a good understandable MS Office download anytime.

Bud Hippisley
BSEE, MIT