[protext] Protext installation

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Mon Feb 20 09:49:10 CET 2006

Hi,

David Hewett wrote:

> I've downloaded the self-extracting image from http://www.tug.org/protext/ but
> when I click Install on the dialogue box that appears when I double-click
> the Protext icon, I get this error message:
>
> "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
> Cannot open C:\Program Files\TeX\protext.exe"
>
> Any suggestions?

could you explain a little bit more detailled when this error occurs? As
far as i see, you've

- downloaded the self-extracting archive

- extracted the archive's content

- started the installation-procedure by double-clicking ProTeXt's
setup-procedure

In which of the steps named above does the error occur?

Thanks for your information - Thomas