[pracjourn-forum] Weird error with solution

Peter Flom Flom at ndri.org
Tue Sep 12 14:55:51 CEST 2006

I think someone on this list was collecting odd error messages.

Here's one.

Using booktabs, if you leave out the \\ in the line before \bottomrule
you get

<<<

] (present.vrb
! Misplaced \noalign.
\bottomrule ->\noalign
                       {\ifnum 0=`}\fi \@aboverulesep =\aboverulesep
\global...
l.13     \bottomrule

which, at least to me, is not a model of clarity

and, if you type H you get
<<<
I expect to see \noalign only after the \cr of
an alignment. Proceed, and I'll ignore this case.

which does little to actually help.

I think an article on odd errors might be cool.....

Peter

Peter L. Flom, PhD
Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
National Development and Research Institutes
71 W. 23rd St
http://cduhr.ndri.org
www.peterflom.com
New York, NY 10010