[pracjourn-forum] For our error collection

Peter Flom flom at ndri.org
Thu Oct 20 03:19:49 CEST 2005

<<<<
    Another one (which came up twice in the same training
    session last week) was not etting any title or author
    because of forgetting \maketitle.

I added that one.

Ummm....is this an error?

Sometimes that's just what I *want* to have happen.

I guess you could be confused if you thought \author and \title
automatically typeset those things, so maybe a warning along the lines
of "You haven't included a \maketitle command" would help, but this
still seems to be a bit of a reach from
"confusing error messages"......OTOH, it can't hurt to have it in there.

Peter

Peter L. Flom, PhD
Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
National Development and Research Institutes
71 W. 23rd St
http://cduhr.ndri.org
www.peterflom.com
New York, NY 10010