[pracjourn-forum] Re: Another newby question: Findingdocumentation

Peter Flynn pflynn at ucc.ie
Mon May 16 10:25:24 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 14:15, Peter Flom wrote:
> As usual when I post to this list, I am revealing my ignorance.....but
> perhaps others are also ignorant.  In any case, professors say there are
> no dumb questions......
>
> Peter Flynn wrote
>
> <<<
> I just revised the little script I have so that pdf/ps/doc/html/txt
> files get separated out.
> >>>

> What's a script ?  Is this something the rest of us can use somehow?

A script is a program written in a language that doesn't have to be
precompiled into machine-code before it can be used. They are usually
slightly slower than their compiled equivalents, but have the advantage
that developnment is usually much faster.

In this case it's a web script (one designed to be run via a browser)
and it's at http://www.ucc.ie/cgi-bin/uncgi/ctan

///Peter