[pracjourn-forum] Re: stats packages for LaTeX (was previously A weird error (and broader issues))

Tze KWANG Teo tzeteo at uiuc.edu
Sat May 7 03:56:39 CEST 2005

>I was actually asking about statistics packages for
LaTeX.....anything
>designed to make writing specific tables easier, or whatever.

I had misunderstood Peter Flom's query. I thought he wanted
my opinion on statistical analysis software. Now that I have
cleared up my own unfortunate misunderstanding...

I made use of a program called "latable" when I first started
learning how to code tabular material in LaTeX:

http://www.g32.org/latable/index.html

And Peter, since you are well-versed in R, have you tried
Sweave? More info here:

http://www.stat.umn.edu/~charlie/Sweave/
http://www.biostat.harvard.edu/courses/individual/bio271/lectu
res/L7/Sweave-manual-20021007.pdf

If you are already using Sweave, have you also loaded the
xtable package to further control formatting and appearance
of the output?

Kwang