[pracjourn-forum] A weird error

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Thu May 5 21:28:53 CEST 2005

Peter Flom writes:

> I asked a question on the TeXHax list, and got the following suggested
> code
>
> <<<<<<BEGIN CODE   >>>>>
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{amsmath}
> \usepackage{pstricks,pst-node}
> \usepackage{fancyvrb}

One thing you may want to try is to simply switch the order of the
packages you're loading. It sounds dumb, perhaps, but my own rule of
thumb is to load the biggies first -- and that's usually anything to
do with graphics stuff. I usually add fonts last.

So, put pstricks,pst-node first, move amsmath to third place, and see
what happens. If the same happens,

Then switch things again ... as I said, it sounds dumb but I do find
that on occasion, switching package order is significant.

Ch.