[pdftex] Minimal Latex with PdfLatex

Rodrigo B. V. rodrigo.vimieiro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 18:21:08 CET 2021

Dear, I hope everything is fine with you.

I am a Ph.D. student at the University of Sao Paulo. I am trying to
generate a minimal Latex compiler with PdfLatex, based on this answer
<https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/357713/190479> of Tex StackExchange. The
answer provided a minimal working example of TexLive 2016 with PdfLatex and
everything worked fine (see image attached).

Now, I am trying to generate the 2020 version. I download TexLive 2020 and
copied the same files that were in the minimal 2016 version. However, when
executing the pdflatex.exe, it gives an error saying that it couldn't find
the pdflatex.fmt file (as you can see in the attached image), although the
file is in there.

Any ideas why this is happening?

You can find here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/142gKntOPYmdR6iL4qQzaKoPsYLLgpjei?usp=sharing>both
files, in order to reproduce the errors.

Appreciate any help. Thank you!

All the best.
--
*Rodrigo de Barros Vimieiro*