[pdftex] Is hyperref link color stored in PDF file annotation data?

Doug McKenna doug at mathemaesthetics.com
Sun Jan 3 22:28:07 CET 2021

Ross -

Super thanks for such a complete answer; it's kind of what I expected, without knowing the details. And even if the link color were distinguishable from just a common text color, it still might not be accessible using Apple's PDFKit API.

I was experimenting to see if one could color-coordinate some interface elements in an app with the content of the PDF built with pdfLatex, with only the PDF to work with (not the LaTeX source). The good news is that it turns out that for other reasons this wasn't the best thing to do.

Onward, into the fog ...

Doug McKenna
Mathemaesthetics, Inc.