[pdftex] \tracinglostchars

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Tue Feb 16 12:15:18 CET 2021

Hi Karl,

Le 15 févr. 2021 à 23:46, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> a écrit :

> As of the upcoming TL21, all engines except original TeX will have a
> feature that if \tracinglostchars >= 3, the log-only message about
> missing characters will be promoted to a full ! Error.  (Thanks to David
> Jones of AMS for proposing and implementing this.)  --best, karl.

ok thanks,

yesterday I had checked via github

https://github.com/TeX-Live/texlive-source/search?q=tracinglostchars

but I had not understood that, possibly because the search result
did not indicate enough context (I don't know if some -C2 flag
can be passed to github search form, like for grep),
and I didn't go into the files, I should have checked deeper.

This is not exactly the feature I was dreaming of, but for
all practical purposes it does bring what I felt was lacking.

I think this is very useful.

best,
Jean-François