[pdftex] compilation question

Samuel Ainsworth skainsworth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 02:30:53 CEST 2018

Actually I found that this wasn’t the case. But by inspection of the build-pdflatex.sh script (found here: https://tug.org/svn/pdftex/branches/stable/source/build-pdftex.sh?view=markup <https://tug.org/svn/pdftex/branches/stable/source/build-pdftex.sh?view=markup>) I discovered that I also need to run `make pdftex` in the Work/texk/web2c directory. I think that’s sorted things out, although now I’m stuck on actually performing the install.

> The documentation is correct (as far as I know). The point of confusion
> seems to be that there are two repositories for pdftex, the TL
> repository and the separate pdftex repository; the latter is the one
> with build-pdftex.sh and the "cut-down TL tree". It's linked to from
> pdftex.org. --best, karl.

Yes, that was an initial point of confusion. Although I’m not seeing this link… The “sources” link at the top is taking me to https://www.tug.org/texlive/Contents/live/source/ <https://www.tug.org/texlive/Contents/live/source/> which appears to be the source for TL 2017.

Best,
Samuel