[pdftex] Is pdflatex compatible with MacOS X

David Cornejo dave at dogwood.com
Tue Sep 5 21:48:43 CEST 2017

There's nothing so easy as a single file or app called pdflatex

The distribution that contains pdflatex for the Mac is MacTeX

You can obtain that here: http://www.tug.org/mactex/mactex-download.html

You can also obtain MacTeX using homebrew, which is a general tool for
installing and managing software on Mac OS systems. The homebrew
package is called "mactext" - you can get homebrew here:
https://brew.sh/

Please be aware that this list is for pdftex discussion, not for
installing a TeX distribution.

dave c