[pdftex] Using Windows fonts in pdfLaTeX

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at fernuni-hagen.de
Mon Jul 10 11:40:35 CEST 2017

Hi,

Am 08.07.2017 um 14:21 schrieb Jordy Deweer:
> Hello everybody. I am new to this list, but I already know the concepts
> of a mailing list.
>
> I have a question about using a Windows font in pdf(La)TeX.
>
> My question is: how could I use Calibri as default font in MiKTeX v.2.9
> using the pdfLaTeX compiler??

You can't use Windows- (or other TTF-/OTF-Formats) directly with
pdfLaTeX. You'll have to migrate them to virtual Fonts, have to write
the necessary .fd-Files, etc.etc. - which is at all not a trivial process.

You should consider to use XeTeX or LuaTeX, instead of pdfLaTeX, where
the usage of TTF-/OTF-Fonts (beside some other advanteges) is directly
included via the fontspec-package.

Regards - Thomas