[pdftex] Help required

Jean-Christophe Godinaud jcgodinaud at meninx.ch
Tue May 17 11:20:40 CEST 2016

Dear pdftex

One of our customer in Switzerland required our web2print solution to
support LaTeX.

We downloaded the latest package from your internet web site and installed
it (running "first-setup.bat"). Installation went fine.

By running the command "pdftex
"C:\Users\meninx\Desktop\LuaTeX\Samples\usrguide.tex"" we get the following
error:

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.17 (TeX Live 2016/W32TeX)
(preloaded format=pdftex)

\write18 enabled.

pdftex.exe: fatal: Could not undump 1 4-byte item(s) from pdftex.fmt.

As pdftext.fmt was not found, we created an empty file which causes this
error. Without this pdftex.fmt file, we get the error :

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.17 (TeX Live 2016/W32TeX)
(preloaded format=pdftex)

\write18 enabled.

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt pdftex.fmt

The command name is
C:\Users\meninx\Desktop\LuaTeX\context-setup-win64\context\tex\texmf-win64\b
in\mktexfmt

I can't find the format file `pdftex.fmt'!

Where can I find the content for such a file?

How does your support works and how can we collaborate on this project with
you?

Thank you in advance for your help

Best Regards

Jean-Christophe Godinaud

CEO

Meninx Group

Headquarters : Meninx AG, Poststrasse 1, CH-8956 Killwangen

central    +41 56 544 72 90

direct      +41 56 544 72 99

mobile    +41 76 384 82 18

email       jcgodinaud at meninx.ch

internet   <http://www.meninx.net/> http://www.meninx.net

for our earth, do not print this email !

Please note that the integrity of messages content cannot be guaranteed on
the Internet and therefore can Meninx not be considered responsible for any
corruption. This message contains confidential information and is intended
only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should
not forward, distribute or copy this e-mail, you should delete it and notify
Meninx.