[pdftex] pdftex - Encoding for metafont PK fonts

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 12:48:02 CEST 2016

On Sunday 26 June 2016 04:08:56 Akira Kakuto wrote:
> > and font csb12.600pk is included. But still if I select in PDF
> > viewer that character I see ...
>
> What happens with the following:
>
> \nopagenumbers
> \pdfmapline{+csb12 <csr.enc}
> \pdfglyphtounicode{xxxxx}{010D}
> \font\csb=csb12
> \csb \char232
> \bye
>
> Here xxxxx is the glyph name of \char232 in csr.enc.
>
> Best,
> Akira

See full output:

  $ cat test.tex
  \nopagenumbers
  \pdfmapline{+csb12 <csr.enc}
  \pdfglyphtounicode{ccaron}{010D}
  \font\csb=csb12
  \csb \char232
  \bye

  $ pdftex test.tex
  This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.4-1.40.13 (TeX Live 2012/Debian)
   restricted \write18 enabled.
  entering extended mode
  (./test.tex{/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}

  pdfTeX warning: pdftex: invalid entry for `csb12': both ps_name and font file m
  issing
  [1] ) </home/pali/.texmf-var/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/cs/csb12.600pk>
  Output written on test.pdf (1 page, 1487 bytes).
  Transcript written on test.log.

  $ cat test.log
  This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.4-1.40.13 (TeX Live 2012/Debian) (format=pdftex 2016.6.12)  26 JUN 2016 12:43
  entering extended mode
   restricted \write18 enabled.
   %&-line parsing enabled.
  **test.tex
  (./test.tex{/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}

  pdfTeX warning: pdftex: invalid entry for `csb12': both ps_name and font file m
  issing
  [1] ) </home/pali/.texmf-var/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/cs/csb12.600pk>
  Output written on test.pdf (1 page, 1487 bytes).
  PDF statistics:
   13 PDF objects out of 1000 (max. 8388607)
   8 compressed objects within 1 object stream
   0 named destinations out of 1000 (max. 500000)
   1 words of extra memory for PDF output out of 10000 (max. 10000000)

  $ pdftotext test.pdf -

So I get warnings about invalid entry in mapline and still 'è' is selected.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com