[pdftex] pdftex - Encoding for metafont PK fonts

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Sun Jun 26 08:24:09 CEST 2016

> There are several tools nowadays which are supposed to convert fonts
> created with Metafont to Type 1.  They either try to understand the
> Metafont source code (MetaType1, by Boguslaw Jackowski) or they
> create a high-resolution PK file and scan the outlines (textrace, by
> Peter Szabo).

There's also Scott Pakin's `mf2pt1' tool (which we use for creating
the LilyPond OpenType fonts today) and Han-Wen Nienhuys's `mftrace'
(which was used for LilyPond fonts before we massaged the MetaFont
source files for good results with `mf2pt1'), which internally uses
either `autotrace' or `potrace'.

    Werner